Background: Over the years, pre-engineered building (PEB) has emerged as a sustainable alternative to conventional concrete construction.
A pre-engineered building, or a PEB as it’s called, is a structure which is manufactured and fabricated in the factory and thereafter assembled at the site of construction. The construction of these steel structures is overseen by pre-engineered building manufacturers. These structures consist of roofing and exteriors, beams and columns. Then other panels like exterior plates are assembled, along with any other required structural and design element. Each building is unlike the other, as per the requirement and budget of the project. In short, PEB buildings are created by PEB structure manufacturers and are designed to meet a variety of structural needs. These steel structures comprise of beams welded together to create a framework which is then customized to meet the needs of the customer.
The introduction of prefabricated industrial buildings has improved the construction scenario in India. Also, with the government’s Smart City initiative, there has been an upsurge in the demand for infrastructure from all corners of the country. However, due to the disadvantages of traditional construction methods (it is time consuming, and much more expensive than PEB’s), it has been tough to meet the increased demand for infrastructure from sectors such as logistics, warehousing, power, automotive, retail, and so on. With the rise in the awareness of the advantages of prefabricated industrial buildings, the demand for these products is gradually increasing and PEB (pre engineered building) structure manufacturers have been taking the growing demand into account.
PEB is now used for all type of buildings such as low rise, medium rise and skyscrapers. Due to the attractive features of prefabricated structures, it is taking over traditional construction.
Also read: Plywood: The staple for office & home interiors
Here is a list of 10 reasons why PEB structure components is going to be big in 2020.
- PEB structure offers various advantages and hence is trending now all around the world. According to experts, the PEB market in India is set to grow in the next few years. Pre-fabricated buildings are currently one of the most sought-after construction methods as if offers various advantages. These include cost effectiveness, quick construction, sustainability, durability, recyclability and design flexibility.
- Prefabricated structure components are cost and time effective, saving money in the long run. Additionally, technological advancements have made work very easy for construction companies in India. PEB construction companies in India use technology which help customers directly. The growing convenience and popularity of PEB’s means a boom in the construction industry to cater to the needs of the market.
- Compared to PEB structure, traditional construction is a time-consuming process. There is a lot of money and not to mention, labour involved, to complete a traditional construction. PEB construction surpasses all this and makes the work of PEB structure manufacturers a breeze.
- Naturally, a PEB structure is the most cost-effective choice. But it is also favoured for its recyclability. All material is practically recyclable. If you need to get the prefabricated structure dismantled due to some reason, then it is easy to do. There will be hardly any wastage in it.
- The erection of a PEB structure is easy. The building frame is practically constructed in the factory from scratch and then assembled at the site of construction. This makes PEB the ideal choice and contributes to the growth of the industry.
- Since pre-engineered buildings are quickly erected, this makes it the construction method of choice for the government’s infrastructure campaign. The ease of PEB technology for quick results makes it the ideal choice. Hence, demand is growing, not only in government sectors but in private sectors as well. This includes industrial warehouse, storage, industrial shed, multi-story building, cold storage etc.
- With the rising population, there is an ever-increasing demand for housing. PEB comes to the rescue, since it is a fast mode of construction and offers design flexibility. The concept of pre-fabricated buildings has been widely adopted around the world, and it is catching up in India as well. The pre-fab industry is set to pivot the market in the upcoming years.
- Pre-engineered buildings are preferred in high risk zone for earthquakes, since it is reasonably earthquake resistant and highly durable. PEB structures were used in limited sectors but now, these structures are mushrooming up everywhere.
- PEB is now used for all type of buildings such as low rise, medium rise and skyscrapers. Due to the attractive features of prefabricated structures, it is taking over traditional construction.
- All advantages aside, PEB technology provides the much-required design flexibility for steel structures. This is important as no other type of construction provides this level of advantage.
The construction market in India has expanded significantly over the years. The introduction of pre-engineered buildings has improved the construction market in India. Due to the rising awareness of the advantages of pre-fab buildings, everyone is choosing PEB construction in the country. The pre-engineered building is the fastest construction method and its demands will only increase in the next few years.
Also read: The big business potential
Image source: shutterstock.com
To explore business opportunities, link with me by clicking on the 'Connect' button on my eBiz Card.
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views, official policy or position of GlobalLinker.